The Portfolio Reviews offered at the Nature Visions Photography Expo are a great opportunity to meet with experienced photo professionals from various fields to review your best work. You should be well prepared to avoid wasting your time and that of the reviewer. Bearing in mind that a portfolio is meant to be a sampling of what you consider to be your best work, or a body of work representing a current project.
You will show a digital presentation of your work. You must present your work on your own laptop or tablet. We are not able to provide electronic devices such as laptops or tablets. Prints should be presented only by those seeking gallery representation where the printed photos should be experienced.
How to Prepare:
- Provide 10-12 images (there may not be time to review all of them.)
- You may want to bring notes with species name, scientific name (if known), captive or wild, location, or how it was digitally altered (beyond levels, curves, contrast, hue/saturation, color or white balance adjustments, and sharpening).
- Pay great attention to the order or sequence of images, as well as the flow of color grouping.
- Themes and mini sequences can be a useful tool to help with your grouping.
- The goal is uninterrupted flow with one color or shape leading to another, or one theme leading to another.
- Never repeat an image (or similar) within your portfolio unless there is an artistic reason.
- You will be showing your images in digital format, at least 5 minutes prior to your review time, you should have your computer on and booted up with your digital portfolio loaded and on screen ready for review.
- Please note: There will not be internet access in the portfolio review room. Do not rely on accessing images you have posted on the web for your portfolio.
- All reviews last 20 minutes with a 5-minute grace period for the reviewer to make notes, and for you to collect your materials. We will announce when the 20 minutes is up.
- Reviews may not last longer than the 20 minute time slot. Please remember that other people will be waiting to meet with the reviewer after you and we need to stay on schedule.
- If you find that 20 minutes is not enough time with a reviewer you will need to stop the review at the allotted time and then sign up for an additional time slot (if there is one available).
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your scheduled review and check in to see if there have been any changes. Please stay in the area after checking in. You will be escorted to the review room at the scheduled time. There will be no refunds for failure to appear or time extensions for late arrivals.