Expanding Your Artistic Vision: Plugins for Lightroom and Photoshop
The big kahunas of image editing are Lightroom and Photoshop. Despite their long history, they still have their limitations. There are adjustments and modifications that Lightroom or Photoshop cannot do or are too complex to easily repeat over and over or even learn or can simply be done easier or faster with other software. Both Lightroom and Photoshop are programmed to allow third-party developers to write extensions, otherwise know as plugins, that extend the functionality or features of both. These plugins can provide new features for organizing your images as well as develop your images. In other words … make your life easier.
During this session, we will explore:
What types of plugins are available to extend Lightroom and Photoshop …
◦ Finding plugins to do what you want to do
◦ Choosing the right plugins for you
How to install and access plugins …
◦ Installing and accessing plugins in Lightroom
◦ Installing and accessing plugins in Photoshop
◦ Moving images out of Lightroom into Photoshop and back into Lightroom
Using various plugins to organize and develop your images and expand your artistic vision …
◦ Using Big Note and other plugins for organizing and exploring your images
◦ Using Nik Software and other plugins for adjusting and developing your images
◦ Using Topaz software and other plugins to go from a photograph to a photo illustration (let’s go radical!).