Raptor Shoot with Raptor Conservancy of Virginia
Please read the RCV Guidelines for Photographers to learn about taking photos around wild birds.
The Hands-on Bird Photography Workshop with Denise Ippolito is an hour of expert classroom instruction followed by an hour of photography with RCV’s birds and guidance from Denise. It is offered at 8:00-10:00 am and 2:00-4:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
A total of eight sessions are available according to the following schedule:
- Hawks and Falcons — Saturday, 10:00 am
- Owls — Saturday, 11:00 am
- Hawks and Falcons — Saturday, 1:00 pm
- Owls — Saturday, 2:00 pm
- Hawks and Falcons — Sunday, 10:00 am
- Owls — Sunday, 11:00 am
- Hawks and Falcons — Sunday, 1:00 pm
- Owls — Sunday, 2:00 pm
Tickets may be purchased online directly from RCV. Some additional unreserved tickets may be available at at the Raptor Conservancy of Virginia table inside the Hylton Center. You MUST check-in at the RCV table before proceeding to your photo shoot.
Photo sessions are scheduled every hour on the hour. Each session will last approximately 45 to 50 minutes, and will permit photos in a natural setting of four different raptors (hawks, owls or falcons).
The Raptor Conservancy of Virginia (RCV) is a 100%-volunteer organization dedicated to rehabilitation and release of injured, ill, or orphaned birds of prey (raptors) and education of the public about raptors and the preservation of their habitat. All funds received will go for the upkeep and care of RCV raptor patients and resident birds.
- Your ticket is required for access to the Raptor Shoot.
- Check-in at the RCV table inside the Hylton Center is required before proceeding to photo shoot even if you already have already purchased a ticket online.