Press the Submit button at any time to begin uploading your images.
The Online Submission Process
Student entrants must register for a free account at the online submission webpage. No entries will be accepted through email. Late entries cannot be accepted.
Digital Image Preparation
Digital entries must be no larger than 1400 (horizontal) x 1050 (vertical) pixels. The site will not upload larger files (e.g, it will not upload an image in portrait orientation of greater than 1050 pixels high). The DPI (or PPI) setting does not matter.
All images should be saved as JPEGs (.jpg or .jpeg file extensions).
There is NO naming convention. The name you assign to your file does not matter, however it saves a step in the upload process because the filename becomes the image name.
The detailed Step-by-Step process:
- Have your digital images ready for submission.
- Visit Nature Visions upload site and
- Click the Login button in upper right
- Register by creating a Login Name (your email address) and your Password.
- Click on Competitions and then Submit Images to a Competition in the main menu bar to reach the main submission page (this will not function properly until 1 April, 2015 or after 31 May, 2015).
- You will see the Student Contest with a summary of how many images you have already submitted (if any). A maximum of two images is permitted.
- Click Select next to Student Competition.
- Choose Upload Multiple Images into the Competition. You can use this even if you only have a single image for submission.
- This will allow you to submit one or more images. The image(s) will be uploaded automatically, a green dot will show a successful upload and a new set of fields will appear ready for the next image upload
- Do not enter any information into the screen
- Simply drag your image from Windows Explorer (or Finder on the Mac) onto the Select button or click the Select button to choose a single image
- If you have more than one image for this category, repeat the process by dragging the file(s) over the Select button or clicking the Select button to upload a single image
- When you have finished entering images to this category, click the Save Images button
- A confirmation screen will appear confirming that one or more images have been added to the competition
- At the foot of that same page, click on Return to Competition
- You will see a confirmation that the image has been submitted and that the title has been copied across from the file name
- You can delete or replace the image if necessary at this stage.
- The Submit Images page also confirms the status of your entries submitted.
ELIGIBILTY, RULES & PRIZES
Eligible Students: The contest is open to any high school student residing in Montgomery County, Maryland; the Virginia counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun or Prince William; or in cities or towns of those states which are adjacent to those counties. The eight photo clubs that organize the annual Nature Visions Photo Expo are resident in those counties.
Prizes: The Grand Prize winner will receive a $100 District Camera gift certificate. The nine other finalists will each receive a $50 District Camera gift certificate. All ten finalists will receive three free passes per student (one for the student and two for their guests) to attend the Expo awards ceremony and keynote address on Saturday November 14 at 4:30 pm at the Hylton Center for Performing Arts in Manassas, Virginia. The ten student finalists will be acknowledged and the winning image will be announced along with the adult winners during the awards ceremony prior to the keynote address.
How to Enter: Entries shall be submitted only online at http://naturevisions.visualpursuits.com No more than two entries per student. Entries may have the maximum pixel dimensions of 1400 (width) by 1050 (height). Entries may be color or monochrome. Entries will be accepted from April 1, 2014 until May 31, 2014.
Eligible photographs: All elements of the final image must originate as one or more in-camera photographs. All computer manipulations are allowed, including digital filters that alter the original pixels (e.g., blurring, distorting, colorizing, etc.) and adjustments for spot removal, curve and level, saturation, contrast, cropping, conversion to monochrome and color. Exhibitor guidelines for the Nature Visions fine art photography exhibition otherwise apply.”
Terms of entry: Images submitted for this competition may be used by Nature Visions Photo Expo only for its publicity purposes and may not otherwise be sold or reproduced.
Judging: A judge will select ten finalist images by June 30, 2014, so that the student finalist images may be used for NVPE 2015 publicity starting in August 2015.
Contest cancellation: The contest will be cancelled if less than fifty entries are received.